When you visit our website, we do not collect information about you unless you choose to provide this information to us, or unless the information is stored automatically. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
1. The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website.
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
3. The date and time you access our site.
4. The pages you visit.
5. If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We note that this information does not identify our users personally, and is used to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful and relevant to users.
In order to book a place on a PHES Ltd. training event we will ask you for various items of personal information. By “personal information”, we mean the personal and financial information you supply to us when booking a training event using our website. By entering personal information into our website, you consent to us processing and using that information in accordance with this policy statement, and you consent to us providing information to you about any training event(s) you have booked using email or other electronic means. You also acknowledge and agree that the internet, email and other electronic means of communication cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times. We shall not therefore be liable for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of information sent by you to us or, by us to you, using such means of communication, unless caused by our negligence.
We are committed to preserving the confidentiality of your personal information. In collaboration with the company hosting our website we operate appropriate and proportionate security measures to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data.
Access to your personal information is restricted to authorised employees of PHES Ltd. All such access is controlled by passwords.
Summarised information about training events and attendances at them will, from time to time, be made available to members of the PHES Ltd. Executive Committee and PHES Ltd. Training & Development. This is to enable those bodies to plan and monitor the delivery, range, quality and viability of training events. It will not be possible to identify you from such summarised information and none of your personal data will be included in such summaries.
We shall use your personal information:
1. To administer the training events we provide, either directly or in collaboration with other providers, to maintain our financial and other records.
2. To understand more about you and your perceived training needs, to enable us to develop and improve our portfolio of training events and other training activities.
3. To undertake statistical analyses to understand more about the perception of our training events and venues by delegates.
4. To assess the demand for training within the higher education finance sector generally.
5. For systems testing.
On the basis that it is kept confidential we may from time to time give your information to:
1. Any organisation with whom we collaborate in providing training events.
2. Any such provision will be on the strict understanding that the information may only be used for the purposes of administering the specific training event for which you have enrolled and, if in physical format must be destroyed, or if in electronic format, irrecoverably deleted from any computer based system within 28 days of the date of the training event to which it relates.
3. Any professional body to which you belong which has recognised attendance at a training event organised by us as counting towards continuing professional development requirements. If you claim credit for your attendance at such an event, we will confirm only the fact that you did or did not attend the event in question.
4. Any organisation where we are required by law to disclose information for regulatory or investigative purposes.