About Us > About HESPA
The Higher Education Strategic Planners Association (HESPA) is a membership organisation representing planners working in Higher Education across the UK. Membership is by institution and, once subscribed, an unlimited number of staff from your institution may register. In fact, we actively encourage as many people as possible to register in order to make best use of your subscription and to maximise outreach to ultimately improve the support we can offer to planners. We particularly encourage planners at all stages in their career to engage with HESPA and hope that we have something to offer everyone, no matter what their position.
HESPA’s objectives are to:
- To provide an active forum for strategic planners in the higher education sector to network, discuss, improve and influence.
- To be the primary organisation for the professional development and career progression of those working in strategy and planning in UK higher education.
- To represent a compelling and unified voice for members, while recognising their contrasting needs and ideas.
- To shape the future of higher education by pushing boundaries and challenging external pressures, promoting awareness and understanding of strategy and planning issues and conducting advocacy work to influence policy makers.
- To establish new and improved ways of communicating and co-working with internal and external colleagues, to benefit strategic planners, their wider connections and the sector overall.
- To continually learn and seek out new knowledge and understanding, including that of operational best practice, to expand and improve that of our members.
To find out more about more about what HESPA does or how to become a member, please contact the HESPA office on 01509 228851 or by email: email@example.com.
You can download the HESPA Annual Review 2016 below:
You can download previous Annual Reviews here.
Other sector associations
We work with other sector associations as much as possible to reduce duplication and to drive collaboration and healthy cross-departmental working. Here is a list of all the associations we are aware of in HE. If you know of any others, please get in touch.