Our 2014 Conference was held on the 6/7 February at the University of Warwick. The theme of the conference was “Strategy implementation in an HE world of change” – how do we go about realising a vision for our institutions with constantly moving goalposts.
We were delighted to have with us:
- Rt Hon David Willetts MP
- Mary Curnock Cook, Chief Executive of UCAS
- Vice-Chancellors Professors Madeleine Atkins (soon to be Chief Executive of HEFCE), Nigel Thrift and Dominic Shellard
- Nick Pearce, Director of IPPR
- Paul Clark, Director of Policy, UUK
- Simon Jennings, Convenor of Scottish Planners Forum and University of Strathclyde
- Representatives from HEFCE, HESA and Welsh Government
Recognising that planning departments are increasingly involved in strategy implementation and change delivery, workshops included sessions on data visualisation, LEAN, different approaches to the NSS and planners’ views on strategy implementation, and the conference ended with a panel discussion on the future of funding for HE.
The purpose of this Planners’ Forum is: to ... Planning for Sustainability: TRAC for Planners
Planning departments are increasingly being drawn ... View HESPA events