Thank you for submitting your feedback
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to the booking of a place by attendees (“you”, “your”, “delegates”) at a HESPA conference (the “Conference”). HESPA, being the Higher Education Strategic Planners Association, a Professional HE Services Ltd (“PHES”) association (“we”, “us”, “our”, “HESPA”).
2. If you are an exhibitor / sponsor of one of our Conferences, these Terms and Conditions apply to your purchase of tickets for the Conference and to you and any of your staff, members etc. attending the Conference. Additional terms also apply to sponsors / exhibitors, which are available below. These Terms and Conditions apply only to attendees at our Conferences who are acting in a business capacity. If you are seeking to attend our Conferences for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession, please contact info@HESPA.ac.uk.
3. Payment for the Conference (the “Conference Fee”) must be made by credit or debit card (if you are 18 years or older) and card details must be entered online, please note only Visa or MasterCard are accepted. You hereby confirm that you are the person authorised to use such credit card or debit card.
4. By submitting your booking form online (the “Online Booking Form”) and ticking the box to confirm you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions you are making an offer to attend the Conference subject to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Once you have completed your Online Booking Form you will automatically be sent a booking confirmation email with an invoice that will show as paid, and is the booking receipt (the “Booking Confirmation Email”). Please note a failed payment constitutes a failed booking.
6. The Booking Confirmation Email will be deemed as confirmation of HESPA’s acceptance of your registration for the Conference and such acceptance brings into existence a legally binding contract between us and you comprising these Terms and Conditions, your Online Booking Form and the Booking Confirmation Email (the “Booking”). Unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Booking shall terminate once the Conference has been delivered in full, at which point the obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions shall cease (except for the restrictions on use of Conference materials set out in clause 33, which will continue in perpetuity).
7. Registration cannot be accepted over the telephone and places are only guaranteed upon payment and receipt of the Booking Confirmation Email.
8. HESPA may use a third party Conference organiser; you should contact us for any assistance required with your booking by emailing info@HESPA.ac.uk.
9. All price(s) for Conferences will be displayed on our website in pounds sterling, inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
10. You shall have no right to attend the Conference until the Conference Fee has been paid in full and HESPA may prevent you from attending all or any part of the Conference, without liability to you.
11. If you are paying by credit or debit card, unfortunately we cannot accept American Express or Diners Card.
12. Only in exceptional circumstances will payments by direct bank transfer be accepted. In this case, it is your responsibility to ensure that this invoice reaches the correct finance department. HESPA will not issue invoices directly to finance departments unless emailed on an individual basis to do so. The person making the Booking is the point of contact for invoice chasing, and is responsible for ensuring that the invoice is paid.
13. Please note that HESPA must receive the full amount shown on the invoice including any VAT applicable. Any fees or charges which are levied by the bank for you to make this payment should be paid by you directly and should not come out of the Conference Fee payment. If you do not pay these bank charges you will still be liable for the difference between the amount that is paid to us and your total fee payable. Any shortfalls in the Conference Fee must be paid before your attendance at the Conference.
14. Subject to clauses 17 to 21 below (cancellation by HESPA) and the remainder of this clause, the Conference Fee for booking a delegate place is non-refundable and is due even if cancellation is made by you before funds are received by HESPA. Should you wish to cancel your Booking every effort will be made to re-sell your place, subject to when you notify us of your cancellation. If your place is re-sold a 50% refund of the Conference Fee will be made. Cancellations should be notified to us in writing as soon as possible, via email at info@HESPA.ac.uk. If your place cannot be re-sold no refund of the Conference Fee will be given.
15. HESPA will not, under any circumstances, refund aborted travel or accommodation costs associated with any of our Conferences whether the Booking is cancelled by you or us. We recommend that you insure against any such losses or ensure your travel or accommodation booking can be cancelled without penalty.
16. No refunds will be made where delegates are able to claim on an insurance policy.
17. We may cancel your Booking by giving you notice in writing for any reason (other than set out at clause 18) at any time prior to the date of the Conference. If HESPA cancels the Booking pursuant to this clause 17 we shall refund the Conference Fee paid by you in connection with your attendance at the Conference.
18. We may also cancel the Booking at any time, without liability to you if:
a. you fail to pay any sum owing to us in connection with the Conference in accordance with the payment terms set out at the “Payment and Fees” section above; or
b. you breach these Terms and Conditions; or
c. HESPA is unable to host the Conference due to any reason beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to fire, explosion, flood, adverse weather conditions, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic).
19. In the event of cancellation of the Booking by HESPA under clauses 18.a or 18.b HESPA shall be entitled to retain (or be paid the balance of, as the case may be) the Conference Fee in full.
20. In the event of a cancellation of the Booking by HESPA under clause 18.c, we will make every effort to re-run the Conference on an alternative date, your Booking will be transferred to the new Conference date and no refund will be due to you. If you cannot attend the Conference on the new date or the Conference is cancelled in full and is not rescheduled for a future date, you will receive a full refund of the Conference Fee net of HESPA’s transaction processing costs and venue cancellation charges (if applicable). We will not be liable for any losses whether direct or indirect suffered by delegates as a result of the cancellation of the Conference.
21. No refunds will be made where delegates are able to claim on an insurance policy.
22. You may substitute an original delegate with another person up to 14 days (inclusive) before the Conference by notifying us in writing at info@HESPA.ac.uk.
23. Within 13 days (inclusive) of the Conference, substitution of one delegate for another can be made at our discretion. Please email info@HESPA.ac.uk with any queries regarding this.
24. Placing a Booking is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of whoever attends the Conference.
25. Delegates at the Conference must comply with the accepted safety standards notified to you in advance and / or on the day of the Conference.
26. Failure to comply with this code of practice will result in the withdrawal of the permission to attend the Conference.
27. Delegates are HESPA members. On occasions where HESPA has invited or allowed other delegate bookings these will be allowed; any other party who books a delegate place without authorisation will have their delegate places cancelled and any fees refunded.
28. On arriving at the Conference, you will be provided with a conference badge. This badge must be worn at all times and is not transferable to any other person without our prior knowledge and confirmation of HESPA. Anyone not wearing a badge may be asked to leave the Conference vicinity.
29. You must at all times behave with honesty, integrity and show courtesy, consideration and respect to others, prepare for the Conference as required by HESPA and respect the confidentiality of all information that you acquire during the course of your participation in the Conference.
30. HESPA reserves the right to refuse admission or to require you to leave the Conference if your behaviour is considered disruptive, likely to cause damage, nuisance, offence or injury, is in breach of venue rules and regulations or these Terms and Conditions, or is otherwise unacceptable. HESPA may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of delegates and the venue. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Mobile phones must be switched off during the Conference.
31. If you have any special dietary or other health related requirements, HESPA will normally be able to accommodate these needs. You should detail any specific requirements when submitting your Online Booking Form or by contacting us via email at info@HESPA.ac.uk no later than 7 days prior to the Conference. Changes cannot be made after this time period.
32. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all Conference materials and the specifications shall remain the sole and exclusive property of HESPA and its licensors. You undertake that you will not copy or permit the copying of Conference materials, or distribute any materials via internet or intranet, or disclose or permit the disclosure or sell or hire the same to third parties.
33. HESPA agrees to grant to you a non-exclusive royalty free licence to use the Conference materials for your internal purposes but not for external commercial purposes.
34. HESPA will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the Conference as described in the Conference literature and/or the Conference specification on our website (the “Conference Specification”). However, we shall be entitled to make reasonable variations to the content and delivery of the Conference including the Conference agenda or speaker line-up if necessary at short notice.
35. HESPA has a reputation for delivering high quality training Conferences which we are anxious to retain. At the conclusion of each Conference we ask delegates to complete a Conference evaluation form. This helps us to monitor and refine standards of delivery. However, even the best organisations occasionally get things wrong, often because of circumstances beyond their control. If you believe the Conference has fallen significantly below the standard expected, you should state this clearly on the Conference evaluation form and also email info@HESPA.ac.uk by midnight on the day following the Conference. You should also raise your concern (if reasonably possible) in person with a member of the HESPA events team at the Conference who will try and assist you. You should specify in any correspondence with us the areas in the Conference Specification against which you feel that delivery or content was deficient and provide a succinct explanation of the way(s) in which this deficiency manifested itself. We will undertake to consider your application and make a decision within 7 working days. If we feel your complaint is valid we will refund the Conference Fee to the credit or debit card on which it was originally paid. Please note that in reaching a decision we may contact other delegates to benchmark delivery in areas about which you have provided feedback.
36. In all cases our Conference Specification includes a section detailing the target audience for a particular Conference specifying their level and / or their specific responsibilities within their organisation. This is to help individuals assess, before booking, whether a Conference is relevant to their particular needs. We will not accept requests for refunds from delegates whose role or responsibilities fall outside those set out in the Conference Specification.
37. HESPA does not take any legal responsibility for advice given to representatives of, or, its member institutions in response to a request for help or information in relation to our Conferences. HESPA is not an advice agency but will, from time to time on a discretionary basis, offer assistance to its member institutions or their representatives, in particular to assist them in working effectively with their professional advisers. Any member institution or their representative accepting that assistance is deemed to accept that HESPA does not accept responsibility for anything which may be wrong, and members should always consider whether to engage professional advisers accordingly.
38. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude a party’s liability for death and / or personal injury caused by the negligence of that party or its employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liabilities which cannot as a matter of law be limited and/or excluded.
39. Subject to clause 38, HESPA (or any member of the PHES association) cannot accept responsibility and expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage to your property that occurs whilst you are at the Conference. You should take particular care not to leave mobile phones, iPads or laptops unattended at any time. Furthermore, HESPA (or any member of the PHES association) shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data or software, pure economic loss, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this Booking. You indemnify HESPA (including any member of the PHES association) and the Conference venue owner in full against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by HESPA (including any member of the PHES association) and the Conference venue owner in relation to persons or to property at the Conference as a result of your negligent actions and / or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
40. Subject to clauses 38 and 39, HESPA’s (including any member of the PHES association’s) entire liability to you under or in connection with this Booking shall be limited to a sum equal to the Conference Fee payable for your attendance at the Conference.
41. HESPA will collect and process your personal information in accordance with our privacy notice set out at https://www.HESPA.ac.uk/privacy/privacy-full-version/.
42. HESPA will use the personal information that you provide to: (a) deliver the Conference, (b) process your payment for the Conference and (c) inform you about similar conferences, events, products or services that we provide (if you have provided explicit consent for us to send such emails to you). You can opt-out of receiving these emails at any time by following the link on the bottom of any marketing emails or by contacting HESPA directly using the details at clause 52 below.
43. Photos and/or videos will be taken at the Conference. HESPA will use Conference photos and video footage in our marketing activities and in accordance with our privacy notice. This includes (but is not limited to):
44. If you don’t wish to be featured, please email info@HESPA.ac.uk prior to the Conference taking place.
45. Failure or neglect by HESPA to enforce any provision of your Booking shall not be construed nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of HESPA's rights under the Booking and shall not prejudice HESPA's rights to take subsequent action.
46. The Booking constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to your participation in the Conference. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of HESPA which is not set out in the Booking.
47. These Terms and Conditions apply to this Booking to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
48. Any variation to the Booking (including the Terms and Conditions) shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of HESPA.
49. A person who is not a party to this Booking shall have no rights under or in connection with it, other than HESPA, the Conference Venue owner and any member of the PHES association who shall each have the right to enforce any clauses in these Terms and Conditions expressly applicable to them.
50. HESPA may subcontract or delegate in any manner to any third party or agent the delivery of the Conference
51. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of this Booking (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Booking shall not be affected.
52. If you have any queries or complaints relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact HESPA at 3 Holywell Drive, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU (telephone number +44(0)1509 22 88 36 and email info@HESPA.ac.uk).
53. This Booking will be governed by English Law and the parties submit for all purposes connected with this Booking to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to Supporters (“you”, “your”, “supporters”) of the HESPA conference 2023 (the “Conference”). Supporters, being those paying attendees of the HESPA Conference who are not subscription-paying member institutions of HESPA. HESPA, being the Higher Education Strategic Planners Association. a Professional HE Services Ltd (“PHES”) association (“we”, “us”, “our”, “HESPA”). These Terms and Conditions apply to you and your staff, contractors, suppliers etc. in addition to the Conference attendee’s terms and conditions.
2. Only those organisations that have been invited to register are eligible to apply as supporters at the Conference. Please do NOT register if you have not been invited to do so. We will cancel the booking of any organisation that registers without an invitation.
3. Confirmation of acceptance of your registration to support the Conference will be sent to you directly by email once you have completed the online registration. (“Registration Confirmation”). If you have selected to pay by invoice, an invoice will be sent to you shortly afterwards. Please ensure that the Supporter Fee is paid within 30 days of receiving the invoice, (or ahead of the event, whichever date is soonest) regardless of payment type chosen, unless otherwise agreed with us. If the invoice is not paid by Monday 1st May, your booking will be cancelled. Placing a Supporter booking for the Conference is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Completing the online registration and receiving the Registration Confirmation will be deemed as confirmation of HESPA’s acceptance of your support at the Conference and such acceptance brings into existence a legally binding contract between us and you comprising these Terms and Conditions and the Registration Confirmation (the “Conference Booking”). Unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Conference Booking shall terminate once the Conference has been delivered in full, at which point the obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions shall cease.
5. The conference is considered to have been delivered in full if and when at least 80% of the planned conference sessions are completed.
6. If you are paying by credit or debit card, please note we cannot accept American Express or Diners Card.
7. We reserve the right to charge interest on any late payments under these Terms and Conditions at a rate of 3% above the base rate of the Bank of England.
8. Registration cannot be accepted over the telephone and places are only guaranteed upon payment and confirmation.
9. We reserve the right to cancel any Supporter places if invoices reach 30 days over the due date, or if they are not paid ahead of the conference - whichever date is soonest.
10. HESPA may use a third-party Conference organiser. However, you should contact us for any assistance required with your booking by emailing HESPA@yourvison-events.com.
11. We may cancel your Conference Booking by giving you notice in writing for any reason (other than set out at clause 12) at any time prior to the date of the Conference. If HESPA cancels the Conference Booking pursuant to this clause 11 we shall refund the Supporter Fee already paid by you in connection with the Conference.
12. We may also cancel the Conference Booking at any time, without liability to you if:
i) you fail to pay any sum owing to us in connection with the Conference in accordance with the payment terms set out at “Confirmation of Registration” above;
ii) you breach these Terms and Conditions; or
iii) HESPA is unable to host the Conference due to any reason beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to fire, explosion, flood, adverse weather conditions, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic).
13. In the event of cancellation by HESPA under clauses 12.i) or 12.ii) HESPA shall be entitled to retain (or be paid the balance of, as the case may be) the Supporter Fee in full.
14. In the event of a cancellation of the Conference Booking by HESPA under clause 12.iii), we will make every effort to re-run the Conference on an alternative date, your Conference Booking will be transferred to the new Conference date, and no refund will be due to you. If the Conference is cancelled in full and will not be rescheduled to a future date, you will receive a full refund of the Supporter Fee net of HESPA’s transaction processing costs. We will not be liable for any losses whether indirect or direct suffered by Supporters or your staff, suppliers, contractors etc. as a result of the cancellation of the Conference.
15. No refunds will be made where Supporters are able to claim on an insurance policy.
16. Other than if we cancel your Conference Booking pursuant to “Cancellation by HESPA” above and subject to clause 17 below, the Supporter Fee is non-refundable and is due even if cancellation is made before funds are received.
17. If you wish to cancel your Conference Booking, you should notify HESPA in writing via email at HESPA@yourvision-events.com as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to re-sell your Supporter place, subject to when you notify us of your cancellation. If the place is re-sold and the Supporter Fee can be refunded, a refund will be made (at such an amount to be decided at our discretion subject to any Conference costs already incurred by us). If the place cannot be re-sold no refund of the Supporter Fee will be given. No refunds will be made pursuant to this clause where Supporters are able to claim on an insurance policy.
18. Substitutions of your attendees at the Conference can be made up to 14 days (inclusive) before the Conference, without incurring the cancellation charge - if you would like a substitution to be made please email HESPA@yourvision-events.com. Within 13 days (inclusive) of the Conference, substitution of one delegate for another can be made at our discretion.
19. HESPA intends to record the conference sessions. In attending the conference, all attendees can choose whether to share their audio, video, additional content, and contact information. Attending the conference and sharing the above constitutes permission for these to feature in session recordings for educational and marketing use by HESPA during and after the event.
20. Registered Supporters must be the only attendees from your organisation at the conference. Attendance / access codes cannot be used by anyone except those for whom they are intended, unless in the full knowledge of, and agreement with HESPA. Supporters must display correct profile details at the conference at all times.
21. Any and all content or materials displayed by Supporters during the event must be approved by HESPA prior to the conference. HESPA reserves the right to remove any content or materials from the conference at any time and for any reason it deems reasonable.
22. HESPA will provide all attendees with the opportunity to test their ability to access the conference software in advance of the conference. It is therefore the responsibility of all attendees to ensure their own conference access. HESPA will not be held liable for the inability of attendees to access the conference, nor for networking issues outside of our control. We will however do all we reasonably can to assist all attendees in accessing the event.
23. HESPA will not be held liable for adverse effects that may be caused by your use of any 3rd party software during the conference.
24. HESPA’s (including any member of the PHES association’s) entire liability to the Supporter under or in connection with the Conference Booking shall be limited to a sum equal to the Supporter Fee.
25. HESPA will process all data in accordance with our privacy notices available at https://www.HESPA.ac.uk/privacy/
26. Failure or neglect by HESPA to enforce any provision of the Conference Booking shall not be construed nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of HESPA's rights under the Conference Booking and shall not prejudice HESPA's rights to take subsequent action.
27. The Conference Booking constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to your participation in the Conference. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of HESPA which is not set out in the Conference Booking.
28. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Conference Booking to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
29. Any variation to the Conference Booking (including these Terms and Conditions) shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of HESPA.
30. A person who is not a party to this Conference Booking shall have no rights under or in connection with it, other than HESPA, and any member of the PHES association who shall each have the right to enforce any clauses in these Terms and Conditions expressly applicable to them.
31. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Conference Booking (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Conference Booking shall not be affected.
32. If you have any queries or complaints relating to these Terms and Conditions, please contact at email@example.com.
33. The Conference Booking will be governed by English Law and the parties submit for all purposes connected with the Conference Booking to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Look at the cookies we use below to help you make an informed decision. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information
Microsoft - ASP.NET_SessionId – keeps you logged in for a set period of time, so that you don’t have to keep logging in
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance
Please Wait. Loading...